Home : Academics : Academic Affairs
The Office of Academic Affairs provides leadership for all academic programs and functions at Sudan International University. The Faculties, the centers, and programs that report to the Office of Academic Affairs are listed .The Office of Academic Affairs has the lead responsibility for academic planning and academic budget administration, academic personnel decisions and career development, university-wide curricular requirements and degree program development, assessment of student learning, and academic accreditation. The Academic Affairs office works closely with faculty deans and directors, faculty committees, and other divisions of the University on a broad array of policy and strategic planning issues. Our goals are always: excellence in teaching, research, scholarship, outreach and extension; distinctive leadership among institutions of higher learning; and an academic work environment that promotes human capital development and cultivates leaders.
The vision of the academic affairs is to provide efficient student-centered academic administrative functions in support of the vision of the university.
The Office of Academic Affairs, in accordance with the mission of the University, strives to provide the leadership, support services and distribution of resources necessary to achieve maximum student learning
The Office of Academic Affairs is committed to ensuring that all academic programs focus on continuous quality-improvement efforts. A review is conducted annually to measure the quality of the academic program. The office has set the following criteria:
- Defined and realistic goals and objectives including excellence in personalized instruction
- Faculty and staff who assume responsibility and authority for the goals and objectives
- A creative and aggressive spirit
- A commitment to extra- and co-curricular activities that enhance the learning experience
- A commitment to academic advising and mentoring
- The development and use of professional networks that benefit students
- Appropriately credentialed faculty who maintain competence and breadth in their field of study
- Achievement of a high level of measurable learning outcomes
- A viable mass of enthusiastic and involved students
- An evaluation of expense versus revenue and integral position in the curricula
The office is responsible for the allocation of resources for the academic program, the improvement of instruction, the correlation of instructional activities, the evaluation of University educational activities, the establishment of policy with respect to employment, evaluation, promotion, and the maintenance of personnel records of the academic staff.
The office of the academic Affairs strives to uphold high levels of accountability, professionalism and innovation. It provides the following academic support functions:
- Processing student enquiries and applications
- Coordinating the interface between the university and Central Applications Office
- Preparing undergraduate and postgraduate prospectus and faculty handbooks
- Administering examinations
- Maintaining student records
- Preparing lecture and exam timetables and handling venue bookings