Home : SIU : Faculty Boards
The Faculty Board of the Faculty consists of the Dean, faculty members (not including retired faculty members, professors’ emeriti, or special lecturers who have Adjunct I status under the Collective Agreement). The Board has the authority to administer the affairs of the Faculty under such regulations as the Board of Trustees may prescribe. The Principal is an ex-officio member of the Faculty Board.
The functions of the Faculty Board are:
- To recommend to the Senate courses of study leading to a degree and the conditions of admission;
- To decide upon applications for admission or for change of course subject to the regulations of the Senate;
- To submit to the Senate names for both ordinary and honorary degrees;
- To revise the Faculty Calendar, subject to the approval of the Senate;
- To control registrations subject to the regulations of the Senate;
- To deal with class failures;
- To exercise academic supervision over students;
- To make such recommendations to the Senate as may be deemed expedient for promoting the efficiency of the University;
- To recommend the award of scholarships or prizes;
- To pass such regulations and by-laws as may be necessary for the exercise of the functions of the Faculty.